Friday, April 04, 2008

My Knitting Adventures

I did not know what I was getting into last February when I encouraged ladies to knit mittens for some needy children. Knitting one pair of mittens has been quite a challenge for me! I used wool given to me by my mother-in-law. I had no idea if I would have enough, but I took a chance anyway. Since the largest ball was dark brown, it became the main colour. I chose a slightly smaller yellow ball as the contrasting colour.

As time passed, I knew I would run out of yellow. I thought, “No problem. I will have two contrasting colours--yellow and red.”

After the first mitten was done, I continued with the second one. To my dismay, I did not have enough dark brown wool to finish the second mitten. Therefore I ripped the brown thumb off the first mitten and replaced it with a red one. I had just enough brown from the thumb to finish the top of the second mitten. Although the instructions called for the thumbs to be the main colour, I used a contrasting colour.

I am so glad that God knows the end from the beginning. When he created the world, he did not make any mistakes. God did not have to make last-minute corrections to creation. The Bible says, “God saw all that he had made, and it was very good” (Genesis 1:31, NIV).

www.tale2k.com

No comments: